Date: 1st April 2010 at 4:53pm
Written by:

Earlier this week on Vital Coventry we speculated on who would fill the full-back positions at the Ricoh Arena and said that Marcus Hall would surely only be a back-up if he was offered a new contract at all.

On Thursday however, Chris Coleman has announced that Hall will be released at the end of the season, bringing to an end two lengthy spells with his hometown club.

‘I spoke with Marcus on Wednesday and he won’t be with us next season,’ said the City boss, whose final decision may have been made when watching Hall struggle against Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend.

‘He’s been a great servant for Coventry City and a terrific pro, he’s really well respected and we all think a lot of him.

‘But we think it’s best we want to make a change, I think it would be best for Marcus as well to make a fresh start. He’s had a difficult year.’

Assuming Marcus has now made his final appearance for the Sky Blues, he bows out with over 300 games for the club to his name.

We also speculated about the future of Stephen Wright, whose contract also expires in the summer and Coleman is yet to announce the future of the former Liverpool man.

‘You’ve got Clinton (Morrison), (Stephen) Wright, Dimi (Konstantopoulos),’ he said.

‘We are in discussions with their agents about next season and contracts.’